Brought to you by: The Darling Wildflower Society
The Darling Wildflower Society has been around for more than a century and the Society’s Show takes place annually over the third weekend in September. It celebrates an integral part of the Cape Fynbos Kingdom comprised of Renosterveld, Rietveld, Sandveld, and Strandveld where more than 1200 different species of flowers can be found.
This year’s show will be the 100th event, the Centenary Show! The display will focus on the Wildflower Society’s development through the past 100 years as well as the Herbarium project.
- The Flower Show will offer a variety of activities to entertain young and old. Your ticket includes entry to:
- the Landscaped Hall depicting the flowers of the area in their natural habitat,
- an orchid display by Orchid Creations by Trisha,
- a free ride on a tractor-drawn wagon to see the pristine wetland at Oude Post, which is not normally accessible to the public and may only be visited during the Show,
- a Craft & Gourmet Food Market,
- a Veteran Tractor/Car Display
- an Entertainment Tent featuring live music from famous local acts like Klassik, Nedine Blom and Petra Mans,
- safe and secure parking for vehicles,
- and free WiFi supplied by Fox Wireless at the festival venue.