One of the world’s most renowned charity wine auctions – The Cape Wine Auction – is back this year, and will take place on Saturday, February 12, at the luxurious Quoin Rock Wine Estate in Stellenbosch.
The Cape Wine Auction (CWA) is regarded as one of the most significant international wine charity auctions ever conceived in South Africa, uniting the industry around a single goal of raising money for education. It is also a much sought-after ticket on the social calendar.
Since its inception in 2014, the event has created a benchmark in philanthropy, raising more than R105 million, with all proceeds raised at the auction going to a number of carefully selected beneficiaries that make a profound impact on the education and lives of children in the Cape winelands. The 2021 auction was cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Says Raymond Ndlovu, Chairman of the Cape Wine Auction Trust: “We are delighted to announce that the Cape Wine Auction will roar back to life this year with passion and purpose and continue to help thousands of children. Thanks to the big-heartedness of our attendees, donors and sponsors, thousands of children have had hot meals, caring teachers, emotional support, and the courage to dream. This extraordinary generosity in the past has delivered some of the best quality auction lots anywhere in the world, which in turn have generated funds for where it matters most: edification through education.”
The Cape Wine Auction lots are one of a kind experiences which are not available for purchase. They include rare wines, bespoke overseas adventures, stays in exceptional private homes and access to the inner sanctum of the South African wine industry. These opportunities come along once, for one auction, and never repeated.
Some of the lots confirmed for this year include …
- The Pebbles Best Of British - a unique collection of experiences for any sport-lover with horse-racing, football and golf together in one package, along with some spectacular accommodation and a once-in-a-lifetime culinary experience.
- A Dominican Republic Golfing Holiday with one weeks’ accommodation for four at the beautiful Golf Villa 8 at the 5-star Casa de Campo Resort in La Romana, Dominican Republic.
- The Paul Cluver Lot, which includes four cases of Seven Flags Chardonnay and four cases of Seven Flags Pinot Noir from Paul Cluver Wines; a two nights stay at More collection – Lion Sands Kruger National Park – Tinga Lodge for four.
- One week at Beehive, Harbour Island, Bahamas for up to nine guests.
- The Aitsa lot with Rupert & Rothschild - two unique experiences including an exclusive stay in the Rupert & Rothschild Vignerons Manor House for six and a winter getaway for one couple to the Chalets du Mont d’Arbois in Megève, France.
… with more being added every week.